A very nice Portland couple is looking for a ride to Tok Tuesday or Wednesday. Haines Junction...
Submit and View KHNS Postings
Please use the following links to submit or view on-air messages :
Submissions must be approved and may be edited for content before appearing on the website or read on-air. If you would like a confirmation, please email the station at email@example.com. LPs are processed as soon as possible, please allow 3-5 days for process of PSA's . If submitting after 5pm or over the weekend announcements will not be approved until the following weekday.
From Our Listeners
KHNS Job Opportunities
May 22, 2014
2014 KHNS Job Openings:
Development Director Position - Just opened
KHNS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR 2014:
KHNS seeks an energetic, committed, personable Development Director. The Development Director serves under the general supervision of the Station Manager, works with a paid staff, 50 volunteers, and is responsible for implementing and overseeing the activities of the Underwriting, Membership and Events Departments which comprise 25% of the station’s operating income.
· Develop and sustain relationships with the business communities within Haines, Skagway and Klukwan including attending Chamber of Commerce meetings and setting up regular meetings with business owners for the purpose of selling underwriting and raising funds
· Develop and sustain relationships with government and nonprofit organizations owners for the purpose of selling underwriting and raising funds
· Produce underwriting and EPSA statements for broadcast with a clear understanding of FCC and IRS regulations
· Maintain underwriting database and paperwork including sponsor statements, contracts, broadcast affidavits, program logs, etc.
· Develop, promote, and lead special fundraising events such as concerts, marathons, auctions, retail items, etc.
· Create budget reports per each event.
· The Development Director maintains the membership database (Giftworks), tracking 1000-plus members and producing reports.
· The Director is responsible for data entry, maintaining the integrity and security of the database, sending invoices, renewal notices and thank you letters, providing mailing lists, organizing mass mailings, training and organizing volunteers to take membership information during membership drives and in conjunction with staff make decisions regarding membership goals and strategies.
· The Development Director promotes and leads the annual membership drive, securing thank you gifts and working with the Manager to develop goals and help oversee the drive.
· The Development Director helps coordinate volunteers, assists visitors to the station and other duties as assigned by the station manager.
· Provide reports as needed to management
· Create and Maintain Annual Development Roster
· Assist in creation of annual development budget
· Assist in daily operations at radio station
· Strong public relations and organizational skills
· Sales or marketing experience
· Ability to work independently as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively and enthusiastically in collaboration with a wide variety of people, both in groups and one-to-one;
· Proven ability to carry out multiple activities and responsibilities in one job;
· Demonstrated experience working with and coordinating volunteers.
· Demonstrated skills in database management, preferably in a membership setting;
· Demonstrated commitment to independent media;
· Comfortable with spreadsheets and with PC computers
- Fundraising and non-profit background.
- Radio production experience. Experience with Adobe Audition program and radio automation systems (ENCO or Audio Vault a bonus)
- Experience and comfort with on air presence and public speaking.
Salary: DOE. Position includes health insurance and a flexible vacation policy.
This is a full-time position based at KHNS Haines studio. Submit cover letter and résumé by email to: Kay Clements, PO Box 1109, Haines, AK 99827. No phone calls, please. Job open until filled.
KHNS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. KHNS is committed to nondiscrimination based on sex, race, creed, religion, national origin, color, disability, marital status, sexual orientation and gender variance for the purpose of service, employment, membership or leadership, including staff, volunteers, board and persons who receive our services.