Posted On May 21 2016
- 0120: A HBPD officer provided transportation for a group of individuals to their residence on Haines Highway.
- 0130: Two HBPD officers removed items from the roadway placed there a short time before by unknown individuals.
- 0140: A HBPD officer conducted a security check of a business on Main St. and found everything to be as expected.
- 0210: A HBPD officer responded to unsecured premises due to a canine running loose on Old Haines Highway and advised the habitants to maintain control of their canine.
- 0940: A Haines Resident reported a horse on Allen Rd. without shade. Dispatch advised the proper agency who handled the call.
- 1010: An anonymous complainant reported possible theft from an apartment complex on 2nd The complainant did not wish to speak with an officer at the time and was advised to speak with the building manager. No further action was taken by HBPD at the time.
- 1150: An employee of a business on 2nd avenue reported vandalism that occurred the night prior.
- 1640: A HBPD officer responded to an apartment complex on 2nd avenue for the report of a noise complaint. Resulting in a trespass order placed on a Haines Resident to the apartment complex.
- 1640: A HBPD officer responded to a residence on Union St. for the report of harassment. Resulting in a trespass order placed on a Haines Resident to the residence on Union St.
- 1845: A resident of Mosquito Lake Rd. reported someone left four bags of rotten meat on their property. Dispatch advised AST.
- 2010: A male working in the Haines area reported losing a black wallet, if located you may return lost property to HBPD.
- 2020: A Haines resident reported a large fire on the Chilkat River flats across from 2 mile Haines Highway. A HBPD officer responded to the area and was unable to locate a possible origin of the smoke that by the time was not visible. No further action was taken by HBPD at the time.
- Medical Calls: 0
- Canine Calls: 1
- Traffic Stops: One traffic stop occurred on 2nd avenue that resulted in a verbal warning for use of colors not authorized. A second traffic stop occurred on Mud Bay Rd. that resulted in a verbal warning for taillight.