Posted On May 14 2016
- 0030: A HBPD officer issued a verbal warning to a juvenile on Sawmill Rd. for curfew violation. The juvenile and their adult friend were advised to go to their residences’.
- 0830: HBPD dispatch received an accidental 911 dial from a residence on Cathedral View. HBPD personnel were able to determine there was no emergency.
- 1150: HBPD dispatch received an accidental 911 dial from a Haines resident on the Haines Highway. Dispatch was able to determine there was no emergency.
- 1220: HBPD dispatch received an additional accidental 911 dial from the same resident. Dispatch was able to determine there was no emergency.
- 1550: Dispatch received a call from a concerned complainant regarding people swimming very far into the water on Mud Bay Rd.
- 1625: Dispatch received an accidental dial from a Haines resident who advised there was no emergency and he was able to speak freely.
- 1730: A Haines resident turned in a Visa card found at the FNBA. If you are missing a Visa card contact HBPD dispatch.
- 1730: Dispatch received an accidental dial; dispatch was able to determine the caller did not have an emergency.
- 1950: A HBPD officer witnessed a Haines resident operate a motor vehicle they were not licensed for, summons obtained.
- 2325: A resident of Mud Bay reported witnessing a boat possibly run aground in the Chilkat River near Pyramid Island at approximately 2100hrs; the complainant reported he could still see the lights of the boat. Dispatch advised AST dispatch.
- 1150: A HBPD officer interviewed an intoxicated male on 3rd avenue to determine if the male was able to walk himself home. The officer determined the male able to do so.
- Medical Calls: 2
- Canine Calls: 3
- Traffic Stops: 1- Traffic stop resulted in a Haines resident receiving a citation for failure to register vehicle after purchase. An additional traffic stop resulted in a Haines resident receiving a citation for failure to register a vehicle after purchase.