KHNS Job Opportunities
KHNS is very pleased to announce that we have hired Jillian Rogers to take the News Director position at KHNS. Jillian hails from Canada and has worked in journalism in Alaska for the last decade. Jillian most recently has been working for the Arctic Sounder reporting on Alaska Native issues, climate change, government and education, crime, arts and life features. We are excited to have her on our news team.
Greta Mart will be working with KHNS as an interim reporter this summer. Greta begins working with Emily Files on July 1, 2015 and will be here through August. Greta recently graduated with a master’s degree after completing her program at the Berkeley School of Journalism.Prior to receiving her master’s, Greta worked for seven years as a general assignment reporter and with several nationally recognized radio programs, including an internship at KCAW in Sitka.
We welcome Greta to KHNS!
KHNS is looking for a Morning Operations Assistant
KHNS is looking for an enthusiastic person to join our staff part-time. The job requires meeting and greeting visitors to KHNS, working closely with the Program Director to schedule volunteer DJs and with the rest of staff as needed.
- Conversant with PC computer and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively in a busy environment
- Self-starting and energetic
- Enjoy interacting with the public
- Create card-copy and maintain Public Service Announcements, Listener Personals, Radio Marketplace, Job Opportunities, and promotions.
- Control traffic of incoming e-mail, faxes, and phone calls, directing as needed
- Produce Community Calendars, program logs and Earth, Air & Water reports
- Create daily weather script
- Assist in scheduling volunteers
- Assist with other duties as needed
This is a part-time position. Job hours are Tuesday thru Friday, 8am to noon and Saturday, 9am to noon. Pay is $13/hr
If you are interested, please email your information to Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KHNS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. KHNS is committed to nondiscrimination based on sex, race, creed, religion, national origin, color, disability, marital status, sexual orientation and gender variance for the purpose of service, employment, membership or leadership, including staff, volunteers, board and persons who receive our service.
Please check back from time to time, radio is nothing if not fluid.