KHNS DEVELOPMENT & OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
KHNS seeks an energetic, committed, personable Development & Operations Director. The D&O Director serves under the general supervision of the Station Manager, works with a paid staff, 50 volunteers, and is responsible for implementing and overseeing the activities of the Operations, Underwriting, Membership and Events Departments which comprise 25% of the station’s operating income.
- Develop and sustain relationships with the business communities within Haines, Skagway and Klukwan including regular meetings with business owners for the purpose of selling underwriting and raising funds
- Develop and sustain relationships with government and nonprofit organizations for the purpose of selling underwriting and raising funds
- Produce underwriting and EPSA statements for broadcast with a clear understanding of FCC and IRS regulations
- Maintain underwriting database and paperwork including sponsor statements, contracts, broadcast affidavits, program logs, etc.
- Promote and lead special fundraising such as annual wine tasting.
- Create budget reports per event.
- The Director is responsible for working directly with Coast Alaska membership services and the GM to ensure accuracy in membership
- Working with staff to lead the annual membership drive, securing thank you gifts and working with the GM to develop goals and help oversee the drive.
- Manage bequest and stock donations from members
- Preparing the daily logs, calendars, public service announcements, job opportunities and listener personals.
- Coordinating on air volunteers
- Provide reports as needed to management
- Create and Maintain Annual Development Roster
- Assist in creation of annual development budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong public relations and organizational skills
- Sales or marketing experience
- Ability to work independently as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively and enthusiastically in collaboration with a wide variety of people, both in groups and one-to-one;
- Proven ability to carry out multiple activities and responsibilities in one job; Demonstrated commitment to independent media
- Demonstrated experience working with and coordinating volunteers.
- Comfortable with spreadsheets and PC computers
- Fundraising and non-profit background or demonstrated aptitude
- Radio production experience. Experience with Adobe Audition program (ENCO a bonus)
- Experience and comfort with on air presence and public speaking.
Wage: DOE. Position is a part-time, 29/hour position based at KHNS Haines office. Submit cover letter and résumé by email to: email@example.com. by June 27th, 2017. Job open until filled.
KHNS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. KHNS is committed to nondiscrimination based on sex, race, creed, religion, national origin, color, disability, marital status, sexual orientation and gender variance for the purpose of service, employment, membership or leadership, including staff, volunteers, board and persons who receive our service.