KHNS News is broadcasting a new segment, where we check in with Haines Borough Manager Debra Schnabel the day prior to an assembly meeting.
The conversation airs after the local newscast Monday evening at about 6:10 p.m.
Emily Files spoke with Schnabel about what’s on the agenda for the Tuesday, Sept. 26 meeting. After the conversation, Alaska State Trooper Colonel Hans Brinke postponed his visit to Haines.
Topics covered include:
- Trooper Colonel Hans Brinke presentation to assembly (now postponed)
- Assemblyman Tom Morphet’s proposal to restrict Haines Police response outside townsite.
- Separate excise tax ordinances for tobacco products and marijuana cultivation
- Memorandum of understanding with Haines Economic Development Corporation
- Discussion of whether the borough should test the Mud Bay spring water commonly used as drinking source