KHNS News is broadcasting a new segment, where we check in with Haines Borough Manager Debra Schnabel the day prior to an assembly meeting.
The conversation airs after the local newscast Monday evening at about 6:10 p.m.
Emily Files spoke with Schnabel about what’s on the agenda for the Oct. 10 meeting.
Topics covered include:
- Canvass Board count of outstanding ballots from the Oct. 3 election, will determine who wins the third open assembly seat
- Tobacco and marijuana excise tax proposals
- Ordinance outlining new process to evaluate heliski map amendment requests
- Draft request for proposals relating to roll-on/roll-off facility at Lutak Dock
- Public Safety Commission’s request to change code and expand its scope to incorporate focus on health