Posted On May 27 2016
- 0050: A HBPD officer spoke with a female on Dalton St. with a horse in the area. The officer concluded there was no suspicious activity taking place and no further action was taken by HBPD.
- 0150: A HBPD officer spoke with intoxicated subjects on 2nd avenue and concluded the subjects were capable of caring for themselves and no laws were being violated. No further action was taken by HBPD.
- 0200: A HBPD officer stopped a group of loud pedestrians on Old Haines Highway that were advised to keep the noise to a minimum and go to their respective homes. No further action was taken by HBPD.
- 0825: A landlord on Allen Rd. requested police response for garbage left in the complainant’s rental residence by previous renters. Complainant was advised this was not a issue for police and to pursue the matter in civil court.
- 1005: A protective order was received and served.
- 1530: HBPD dispatch received a report of theft from an address in Anchorage, the complainant was provided with a number for APD. No further action was taken by HBPD.
- 1600: HBPD dispatch received a report of a possible intoxicated driver on Lutak Rd. HBPD responded and determined the driver of the vehicle to not be intoxicated.
- 1620: A Haines resident reported a vehicle speeding on Major Rd. A HBPD officer responded and spoke with the subject about speeding the in area. No further action was taken by HBPD.
- 1635: A resident of 2nd avenue reported juveniles throwing rocks at a building that had previously burnt down. A HBPD officer responded and issued verbal warnings to the juveniles. No further action was taken by HBPD.
- 1645: Dispatch received the report of vehicles parking on the wrong side of the road. A HBPD officer responded and requested vehicles moved. No further action was taken at the time.
- 1930: A Haines café owner dropped off a wallet belonging to a Yukon resident. If you have missing items you may contact HBPD for inquiries.
- 1940: A Haines resident reported the second pump at Haines Express Gas is not operation properly. Dispatch attempted to contact the business responsible to advise to no avail.
- 2010: A HBPD officer investigated a vehicle with the door open and no subjects in the area on Sawmill Rd. no suspicious activity was observed. No further action taken by HBPD.
- 2035: A resident of Allen Rd. inquired on banned material for controlled burns, dispatch advised the complainant to contact the HVFD chief with their inquiries.
- 2105: An anonymous complainant reported campers on the playground at Tlingit Park. HBPD officers responded and issued a verbal warning to the subjects to move their campsite away from where children gather to play.
- 2240: Dispatch received a request for extra patrols of a business on Old Haines Highway. HBPD officers were notified.
- 2305: A HBPD officer reported receiving a report of fireworks in the area of 4th HBPD officers responded and were unable to locate the origin of the fireworks. No further action was taken by HBPD at the time.
- Numerous contacts with intoxicated individuals and bar checks.
- Medical Calls: 0
- Canine Calls: 1
- Traffic Stops: 5